Sunday, August 18, 2019

RPGaDay #18: Plenty

For #RPGaDay2019, the eighteenth word prompt is Plenty.


       
      The word Plenty reminds me of Monty Haul campaigns. The biggest Monty Haul campaign I ever played was Eric's #DungeonsandDragons campaign. I think we made it to like level 30 in 30 sessions and half a year of play. My halfling rogue was all about daggers and gained multiple prestige classes like master thrower to maximize them. I obtained a god slaying dagger and used it to slay Tiamat, then in return for the dagger being hidden back in the mortal realm, I ascended to godhood as a halfling trickster god. 
      The problem of this kind of campaign is that there is no challenge that can not be overcome by having superior equipment, especially in DnD. We had so much money we even started having wizards make our own specialized equipment like the #BandanaofGreatestAttributes +6 which gave like +6 to all attributes (+3 modifier) and only took up one equipment slot. Sure it cost like 3.6 million gold, but it was totally worth it and we could afford it.  Gaining +3 to all stats is insane in DnD as well, since it affects saving throws, base attack bonus, damage, and skills. 
      All in all it was fun as a player, but not the kind of game I'd want to play in more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment