Tuesday, August 11, 2020

RPGaDay Day 11 2020: Stack

     The word Stack will always remind me of Magic: The Gathering, the stack of cards that one must work through as responses to spells being played. It also reminds me of Axis and Allies and the huge infantry stacks indicated by a single infantry on a mountain of small poker chips in the late game.

     When it comes to role playing games, I've been known to stack Axis and Allies chips next to a character on the map as status modifiers in a game like Earthdawn (like 2 blue chips for Harried, 5 red chips for Taunt, etc to remind me of a -7 Action test penalty). These days in Savage Worlds I've been known to stack my foam core status modifiers like wound counters, shaken counters, -2 parry counters next to a character on the map. Or stack a flying character on d6s or d10s to indicate height on the map. More recently I've used platforms from Magic: The Gathering Arena of the Planeswalkers for flying creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment